Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-03-2006 , 05:47 PM
Subscriber

Ref Image

I am a new maya user doing the dog project and I can't get the image to show up on the plane.

I think this might be the problem:
user added image

I cant move the color bar up and I think that might be why it only turns out black.

# 2 31-03-2006 , 08:43 AM
You can't move the color slider up because there is a file texture assigned to it . . . Click on the arrow pointing into the box and it should take you to the screen where it shouws the file texture.

If you do not want the texture there, right click the word color and break the connection . . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 3 31-03-2006 , 12:33 PM
Subscriber
Make sure the image is assigned to the material and also make sure the material is assigned to the plane (right click on the plane, assign material, and select the appropriate one)
Once the material is assigned, hit the 6 key to view textures. You should see the image on the plane now.