Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-12-2016 , 12:32 PM

How to make Duplicate Special use the same axis as the rotate and move tools

I've got a project im working on where I need to put spokes on a wheel but the wheel is rotated at an awkward angle and I can't change it without messing up a lot of other stuff.

I have the transform on one spoke set up so that I can rotate it to any spoke position on the wheel however, when I try to use Duplicate Special to make all the spokes (720 in total) it ignores the transforms I've set and instead makes a level disk of spokes that are no longer lined up with the wheel.
To be clear, it rotates around the right point but instead of making the disk at the 32 degree angle i need, it does it at a 0 degree angel. The rotate tool rotates it at the 32 degree angle without issues.

# 2 03-12-2016 , 04:50 PM
screenshots please

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675