Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 14-02-2006 , 02:37 PM
Subscriber
You should totally email Bjork and let her know that you're doing this. She'd be interested, haha. You're good at this, can't wait to see some hair user added image

My password is ********.
# 77 15-02-2006 , 01:11 PM
gohan1842: When I started this model, a friend have warned me that this could happen. Because Bjork has and oriental look, it seems her eyes are in wrong position, even if I do it right. But I guess problem here is the position of eyeglobes, or the lack of apropriated painting on the interior part of eyes. But thanks, I'll take care of that.

Sephiroth II: E-mail Bjork, or get some kind of contatct with her is more difficult than you imagine! But I'm posting this work on the forum of her official website. People say that she goes to that forum frequently, to read what fans are saying, so if the work becomes really worth, I think she'll know.

Ok. Now I'm working on hair. I considered the possibility of use Shave and Haircut plugin to make some hair, but I should to learn how to use, and then I gave up this idea. Then I'm working on modeled hair. I'm almost finishing blocking. Then I'll start painting the textures. What do you think?

https://www.amauriilustra.com.br/CGTalk/Bjork_35.jpg

# 78 15-02-2006 , 01:21 PM
Subscriber
Great progress man! very close likeness!!!

# 79 15-02-2006 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber
I'm amazed at how fast you're getting this done. I can't wait to see it finished! I'm sure you can't either, haha.

My password is ********.
# 80 16-02-2006 , 04:54 PM
I recommend having a go with shave and haircut - it gives you all the control that paintFX doesnt and appears to give visuals as good as maya hair. Just read the manual (and again if need be) and experiment on some spheres etc before trying it out straight on your model.
Shave and haircut = definately recommended! user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 81 16-02-2006 , 05:45 PM
Hey jramauri - Bjork is looking great! I really like this scrunched up haircut. It works really well with your model. And also I like the centered pose - usually I would think that it would be a little straight forward, but in this case it works really well.

By the way I saw her video for All is Full Of Love by Chris Cunningham the other day - Excellent. If you haven't seen it make sure you check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

This guys work is amazing and you should definitely take a look at some of his other videos.

Keep up the fantastic work.

user added image

# 82 16-02-2006 , 07:18 PM
t1ck135: Oh yeah, the plugin looks really great. I've seen works of many people in CGTalk using it, and results are always amazing. I downloaded the manual, and took a look in it. But are much things to learn, and today is already 02/16. The end challenge is coming, and I'm affraid yet about lighting and rendering, because I'm learning these concepts now, and it's better take some time to adjust this things correctly. But for the next challenge (if aplicable) I can try Shave and haircut.

arran: Thanks for your opinion. I love this hair style too, and I think that matches exactly with her.
Oh yes, I watched that clip and ALL the others. Some people say Bjork clips are the weirdest thing in the world... But for some reason (what?) I love all of them. I specially like the clip of "I miss you" - an animated cartoon, and the "Brodway style" clip of "It's oh so quiet". But all are wonderful.

# 83 19-02-2006 , 10:32 AM
19 year Veteran
Was searching the internet to learn more about your awsome Bjork entry jramaui. I found some videos of her doing her thing...err her stuff, and dude, I just don't know about this chick???. I definitely wouldn't catagorize her as a common average run-of-the-mill musician. She's really seems more like one of those art show preformers, but with a musical quirk mixed in. Has she done anything thats really appealing to the general masses?

Anyway, just when I thought you couldn't get any stranger than Bjork, I found this humerous, fan made Bjork song ( A true gem if I ever heard one ). Click the Linkage if you dare.

No offence to you jramaui, this is all in good spirits. user added image

# 84 19-02-2006 , 12:25 PM

Originally posted by THX1138
Anyway, just when I thought you couldn't get any stranger than Bjork, I found this humerous, fan made Bjork song ( A true gem if I ever heard one ). Click the Linkage if you dare.

No offence to you jramaui, this is all in good spirits. user added image

Are you searching for something stranger than Bjork? Here's the thing, us, Bjork's fans!
Bjork is a real artist, not like these ones that goes in the way money is pointing. She does what she wants to do, the way she wants to do, when and how she wants to do. By one hand, this keeps her unknown for most of people. Here in Brazil, it's rare you find someone who knows about her, and more difficult find someone who likes her music. In other hand, the same behavior transmit to us, fans, an incredible feeling of freedom, that influences our lifes in a general manner. She could be weird, but is one of my strongest inpirations, and it's part of my life. These are fan's words, of course, and I don't know if it's meaningful for other people...

# 85 19-02-2006 , 12:36 PM
About the song you've sent a link... Well, it's better no comment. But don't worry, most of Bjork fans aren't so dorks like these guys.

# 86 20-02-2006 , 04:51 AM
19 year Veteran
Hey, I actually found one I liked. It's called "It's Oh So Quiet". Bjork must have a background in theater preformance to be able to do some of the dance moves she did in this video. Come to think of it, her videos seem to have a stage quality to them. Stuff I havent seen since the musicals of the 1950's and 60's

Last edited by THX1138; 20-02-2006 at 05:02 AM.
# 87 20-02-2006 , 05:26 PM
Her music is not so bad, even thought its not my favourite kind.
I agree with jramauri, just DO WHAT U WANT TO DO.
Where i live theres not many people who likes rock music and i really dont care, I'll still wear metallica t-shirts when i want and listen to my favourite music as loud as i can, i dont care my neighbour says its tacky music, or however they call it in english!
F*ck 'em all!
I still have to swallow all their damn comercial pop, reaggeton cos its fashionable and I don't complain.

# 88 20-02-2006 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
haha

My password is ********.
# 89 20-02-2006 , 05:47 PM
That's a way to rant :rant: about it!

I personally don't like any skippy dance or hip hop or whatever disco/techno music at all either

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 90 20-02-2006 , 05:51 PM
Yeah but at least thats not too much comercial.
At least not in Spain.