Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-04-2006 , 03:29 PM

Newbie A.I. question...

Hallo , i have one newbie question ...

After i build a scene or an object can i interact with it or make the appropriate scripts so that i will make it interactive or some kind insert a handle event ???

How can this happen ?

Thank you...

archVille !
# 2 03-04-2006 , 07:29 AM
Your question does not seem to be very clear . . . . What exactly are you trying to do?

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 3 03-04-2006 , 08:32 AM
I know only the very basics of ALias Maya so i am asking this question to verify that Alias MAya is what i am loooking for to work.

I want to build ... a character for example and interact with it , not only to show it like an animation but to have also an adaptive role.For example if you click tha character it will turn over , if you double click it will jump... e.t.c.

Can Alias Maya make this happen ?
As far as i know a project eliza with a womans face that you can talk to her and have a some kind of discussion .Does Maya have the appropriate tools for doing a simple like this ???

Thank You.

archVille !
# 4 03-04-2006 , 11:16 AM
With Maya, practically anything is possible . . . . but what you are talking about would take some very advanced programming talent . . . . You would not be dealing with just MEL scripting, but also writing plugins, which would involve programming in C too . . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 5 03-04-2006 , 02:09 PM
Hmm.... i know that that i was looking for is not soeasy but i want to achieve it in the easiest mode and not to build an A.I. character ... lets say i want to have a some kind of interaction and thats all !
Is it better to use Alias Maya or 3dS with VRML ???
What plugins i need to have if i decide Maya and how can this be held in a C programming ???

Sorry for confusing you abd thank you for your time...

archVille !
# 6 03-04-2006 , 07:00 PM
Not familiar with the other ones, probably depends also on how much detail you want the thing to have, Director may be able to do what you are talking about.

# 7 03-04-2006 , 07:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
In my opinion, Maya will only allow you to create the creature or character in question but doesn't really have support for real adaptive AI or anything like that.

The way such things are generally done is some programing genius creates the AI application and the artist creates the character and all the subsequant animations that go into it that the program will trigger.

I do not know of any 3D art application that provides what you seem to be looking for.

# 8 03-04-2006 , 07:41 PM

# 9 03-04-2006 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley

I do not know of any 3D art application that provides what you seem to be looking for.

xsi does :p
but damn expensive.
this is the advanced version, slightly above or equivalent to maya unltd

xsi|Behavior

# 10 03-04-2006 , 09:01 PM

Originally posted by skywola
You would not be dealing with just MEL scripting, but also writing plugins, which would involve programming in C too . . .

why is C++ so underrated?

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 11 03-04-2006 , 09:03 PM

Originally posted by skywola
Not familiar with the other ones, probably depends also on how much detail you want the thing to have, Director may be able to do what you are talking about.

What do you mean Director ? IS this a single program like Maya or 3ds or just a plugin ???

archVille !
# 12 03-04-2006 , 09:12 PM

Originally posted by vladimirjp
xsi does :p
but damn expensive.
this is the advanced version, slightly above or equivalent to maya unltd

xsi|Behavior

I have just checked XSI and it seems very good but .. i dont know if you use the program as a sharewar what it offers.

Do you know ?

archVille !
# 13 03-04-2006 , 10:03 PM
Macromedia makes Director last I heard, it is a program in itself, but it does not do 3D modeling.

why is C++ so underrated? I would not underestimate C++ at all, but if you want to make plugins, you had better be ready to spend a lot of time learning how it all works . . . . me, so far, I just have not found any good tutorials on building plugins that make any sense.