Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-02-2007 , 07:40 PM

autocad export woes

I'm trying to export to autocad, but when I do I get a message saying:

"Warning: two items found when one was expected" then the program pretty much freezes, I get the nice little spinning beachball of doom mouse (the "computer is thinking" mouse for macs) for ages and after a long, long wait, I have to force quit. Before I get the two items message, I get something abou my mesh having too many vertices and converting it into individual polyfaces. I tried exporting with both dwg and dxf, and also changed the setting to export as polyfaces, but to no avail. Arg. Imminent deadline and rising stress levels don't help. Ay suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is there any way to export to autocad indirectly?

# 2 21-02-2007 , 05:55 AM
Hmmm... Never exported to autocad before.

But the error sounds like you have one too many things selected for export. I tried exporting a sphere using every option listeed and had no errors. Sounds to me like you have a mesh issue.

What version of Maya are you using?

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 24-02-2007 , 10:58 AM
I'm using Maya 7. I managed to get it to export after have simplified my geometry a lot, but for some reason parts of the model get shifted/distorted. I know that the problem is in Maya's export to dwg because I opened the dwg in both illustrator and autocad and both were messed up. One problem solved, another one created...