Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-01-2003 , 07:04 PM

The Proper Progression Of A 3D Production

Hey gang! user added image
Okay, here I am again with more curiousity and verve. user added image I've been working on this little movie of mine since last summer and it feels like I'm trudging through mud or tar. I've been trying to set up my scene with props and set pieces and all that jazz (still learning modelling, which explains why a lot of props aren't in my shots yet, not only that, but I'll soon be learning animaing and that's scaring the pee pee out of me) and it takes forever for my scenes to render out (just using GI Joe and Maya's renderer, not MR which drags everything down even more user added image ).
So, the question lies herein. I know most studios startout with a script, then storyboards, animatics then modelling, scene layout, animating, lighting, texturing, rendering and then final output. What methods do you guys and gals use? Whatis the progression you all use to get from point A to point B in a fair amount of time. Right now, my rendering time is very expensive, not only because of my wasting time setting up lighting and rendering my scenes but also because my computer is quite slow... eMachines 533 MHz, 192 MB RAM, 15 GB hard drive. Any advice you can give to help a po' white boy out? Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Russell :banana:

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 08-01-2003 , 09:30 PM
Well, I don't have any specific methods...lol
But I wanted to point out a very important step you didn't mention: Pre-production or research and development. This is the phase were you plan things out. Try each and every method that could work. Eventually one method will survive.

Lol, now that I think of it I think I'm in this phase all the time user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!