Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-01-2009 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber

Questions Regarding Red Girl Tut

Hi,
I'm trying to do the Red Girl Tutorial, I seem to be doing well on the first part of the tutorial but during the second part I seem to be messing up.
I start with what looks like a fairly rounded nurbs head at least it looks very close to that in the tutorial but when I convert it to polygons and then from polygons to sub Divs it comes out looking more like the polygom ( fairly boxy) rather than the smooth and rounded sub div in Kurts tutorial. Am I missing somthing ? I've followed the tut quite closley and redone it twice but keep geting the same results.
I'd apreciate any help.
Thanks
Michel:headbang:

# 2 23-01-2009 , 12:15 AM
Hi;

When converting back and forth make sure that you are to - i think its vertices or points, it will make a difference.

Probably not what your after but give it ago...

Cheersuser added image

# 3 23-01-2009 , 12:48 AM
Subscriber
do you mean control points? yup I,ve tried that it does not smooth out
Michel

# 4 23-01-2009 , 02:26 AM
After you convert to sub d do you hit 3?

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 23-01-2009 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber
no I have not but I will try that. also when I convert nurbs to polygons in your tut the nurbs are pink mine stay green when selected any reason?
Thank you Kurt
Sincerly Michel

# 6 23-01-2009 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber
yup that worked!:attn: