Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 17-12-2003 , 11:08 AM

Lord Of The Rings

Saw lord of the rings, return of the king a few hours ago, im not a huge fan of the series and i went with some friends to the midnight premier, but i admit it was pretty good. I still think, like the other movies they drew out some parts much longer than they should have, while havinbg others sugnificantly shorter than they should be. And a 3 and a half hour movie... but still. overall good *thumbs up*

# 2 17-12-2003 , 12:13 PM
Kevin

Re: Lord Of The Rings

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
I still think, like the other movies they drew out some parts much longer than they should have

the first and second put me to sleep, so this confirms that I will by no way going to see this movie.

Along with the matrix 2 and 3 this can go into my list of "hyped up junk award"

cheers for the heads up twisted

# 3 17-12-2003 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber
Oh man I loved the Lord of the Rings and The Two Towers. I cant wait to see the Return of the Kinguser added image I will probably go this weekend.

Kevin I also didnt like the Matrix 2 it was stupid. they in my opinion grasping for a story line.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 4 17-12-2003 , 02:44 PM
Simply Maya OG
All those movies put me to sleep. user added image

- Hybrid
# 5 17-12-2003 , 02:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, funny how people can have such a broad range of opinions on something. Guess that's what makes the world interesting, I suppose. user added image

Matrix? Sucks.

But I was totally enthralled in both previous LotR movies, and I'm looking forward to seeing RotK tonight. user added image

# 6 17-12-2003 , 03:19 PM
Subscriber

Re: Re: Lord Of The Rings

Originally posted by Kevin
the first and second put me to sleep, so this confirms that I will by no way going to see this movie.

Along with the matrix 2 and 3 this can go into my list of "hyped up junk award"

You'd better watch out, mate.... any more of this sort of attitude and you could have a mutiny on your hands. But I suppose if you have enough supporters then there might just be a schism instead.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 7 17-12-2003 , 03:38 PM
# 8 17-12-2003 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber
SAW THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING...3 and 1/2 hours long and worth every minute. Cant say enough about this movie... though i do have some gripes..

The horses look like clay-mation when they die..
Legolas can still stand on very inclined surfaces without falling..

(though this has nothing to do with the movie)...
People Clap and cheer on the actors....IDIOTS! like thay can really hear you..

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 9 18-12-2003 , 05:05 AM

Originally posted by iron_tick
(though this has nothing to do with the movie)...
People Clap and cheer on the actors....IDIOTS! like thay can really hear you..

It's called enthusiasm, of which I partook in as well, so I guess I'm an IDIOT. Careful where you walk, you wouldn't want to step in anything before putting your foot in your mouth. user added image

I totally loved it. Although my ass is hating me for sitting in those theater seats for three and a half... No, scratch that... 4 hours. We showed up a half hour early to beat the crowd (which, btw, we didn't).

I was enthralled by it. Too much information to absorb in one sitting though. On my DVD purchase list for the future. user added image

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 10 18-12-2003 , 07:06 AM
The Maya Mountain
I just saw it. Superb! I'm a little peeved at a few of the cuts, but am quickly relieved to think of the Extended DVD. user added image

# 11 18-12-2003 , 02:13 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by dave_baer
for three and a half

wow - now I know for sure that I wont go and see it. I just couldnt imagine sitting on a cinema seat for over 2 hrs

and yes once I was in the usa and went to see independence day at the movies and the crowd went wild, like clapping and shouting at the screen.... I was fairly embarrased as this dont happen back in England.

I actually put it down to the fact that I was near venice beach LOL

# 12 18-12-2003 , 02:44 PM
Subscriber
re: Clapping at movies...

When I saw Matrix Revolutions here in Paris, the audience did the same. I queried my fiancee about it (she's French) and she said it was quite normal when a new film opens. Sure enough, when we went to see Finding Nemo, the same thing.

I suppose that clapping is as much an emotional response as crying which happens all the time with movies.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 13 18-12-2003 , 03:06 PM
The Maya Mountain
Well, I know in my case, those 3 hours and 20 minutes went by super quick. And even still, my main beef (minor, though, they may be) are with what seemed to me to be a shortening of the film! lol

user added image

# 14 18-12-2003 , 03:17 PM
Its was ok smegal and shelob where cool. the 2nd one my fav...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 15 18-12-2003 , 03:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'd have to say I like the First one best, RotK 2nd, TTT 3rd. All are fantastic, though. user added image