Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-09-2015 , 04:43 PM

Getting mad at mental ray render

Hello pro brothers,
I'm really in a bad situation. My one single frame taking like 45 minutes or more to render. It only happens when the satellite comes into the scene. Otherwise,the render is fast. I'm using intel i7 5820K,24 GB ddr4 RAM. https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ps6khorhav.jpg
Please help me out. I tried disabling final gather. But,still ... not much improvment. I tried to use everything low as much as possible. Even I've rendered a very high poly scene so fast before this scene. That was fast enough. But,this one.... I'm so sad.

Edit: An Image link I've shared above. The thing is, when the render comes to this stage,(images current render stage)it starts to use 20%-30% of my CPU,not 100%. I would like to know the reason behind this. Because it shouldn't happen as mental ray uses 100% cpu.

Last edited by Faker513; 01-09-2015 at 04:55 PM.
# 2 01-09-2015 , 05:37 PM

# 3 01-09-2015 , 07:08 PM
I got the solution. As I made the satellite extremely small. Mental ray wasn't able to render the satellite fast. So, the render became slow. Finally, I gave that a chance and wowhh.. insta rendered. Like in 10 secs it got rendered.... !!! 1 hour of rendered image took only 10 secs to render !!! Amazing !!!