Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 26-05-2008 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber
Thanks rage,

Now that I know it will work, I need to do a little redesign on how to get the ball into it... hopefully I'll have time to make another update in the next couple of days.

Rhetoric: I see you made up your mind on joining the competition, nice one!

Cheers,

Mat.

# 17 26-05-2008 , 03:55 PM
Subscriber
looking forward to your progress... had to join, needed ambition to learn dynamics anyway, I've already got ideas for other things just knowing how to use dynamics.

# 18 29-05-2008 , 06:15 PM
the entire contraption for the spring is really frickin cool! the gear cogs with only a few teeth to do their job, the revolving lock at the bottom to hold it in place (while i'm assuming the ball loads down that ramp that's built in *shrug*)

it's almost as if everything has a purpose, and next we'll see that there's like... a water wheel that is making the cogs and lock turn to pull down the spring - or something cool.

all of these give me the urge to pull out my The Incredible Machine game that i haven't touched in a few months (and before that about a decade and a half)...

Accept no substitutions.
# 19 01-06-2008 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber
Hello everyone

and cheers for the positive comments.

Bad news I'm afraid, I don't think I'm going to be able to continue with this challenge. I've got my hands full with job hunting, making showreel DVD's etc.

I've also been asked by a friend to make a logo character for a website he's developing which is likely to take up quite a bit of my free time.

If I can find time to make progress I'll post it up but I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll be done for the deadline.

Sorry to have to half bail on the contest and good luck to everyone who manages to complete it.

Mat user added image

# 20 01-06-2008 , 02:49 AM
Subscriber
good work mat ..and just now seen this thread ..had to laugh about the pink fluffy stuff

i have a little girl now too and good lord ..anything pink

too bad you had to bail ...

Last edited by mmoore5553; 01-06-2008 at 02:53 AM.
# 21 01-06-2008 , 09:05 AM
Subscriber
sorry to see you go, was really liking your idea...

# 22 01-06-2008 , 09:08 AM
No problem man.

Keep in mind that the deadline is more than a month away still, so you have some timeuser added image

If not, then we'll see ya next timeuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com