Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-09-2003 , 09:55 AM

Environment - Church render

First time posting here. I've seen a lot of good things from here so i thought i would post my first work. It was a good learning experience, but i feel i have still a lot to learn. Crits please in order to make it better and more realistic. Thanks!

user added image

# 2 25-09-2003 , 12:16 PM
The Maya Mountain
Modeling and environment looks nice.

It doesn't appear to be textured though.

# 3 25-09-2003 , 02:32 PM
I cant help thing that the pews are too small. Ok, I get the point is to make the place look grand and impressive, but the the people would be completely dwarfed by the sher size of those coloumns alone. Perhaps scaling the pews up might make it looks better. You'll lose some of that sheer massive brilliance, but I think it will look better proportioned.

# 4 25-09-2003 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by [icarus_uk]
I cant help thing that the pews are too small. Ok, I get the point is to make the place look grand and impressive, but the the people would be completely dwarfed by the sher size of those coloumns alone. Perhaps scaling the pews up might make it looks better. You'll lose some of that sheer massive brilliance, but I think it will look better proportioned.

i dont think that the church is too high. the cologne cathredral is about that height, if not even higher. but one thing that might be too big is the length of the pews without interruptions. i dont means how many benches sit next to each other (should probably be only 2). i would put on the length of that hallway the sidearms of the church (also with benches), possibly the podium in the middle. oh and the windows look a too little (width is ok, but not the length).

other than that, very good job on the model. and i agree with mike, it looks a bit untextured ...

# 5 26-09-2003 , 04:26 AM
yeah its not textured...it was for a class and we were supposed to just do a model and no texture, but i plan to do. Any good texture tuts you guys can point me to? =D

and thanks for the crits. yeah the pews i had a lil trouble over. I didn't know how to implement them cause i wasn't doing it from reference pics, just from a few pics and none had pews showing.

more about the pews. I might redo those..thanks!

# 6 15-10-2003 , 01:16 PM

Originally posted by BabyDuck
the windows look a too little (width is ok, but not the length).

G'day h3kno
I agree with Baby Duck

depending on the mood you wana give:
Tall thin windows feels majestic, daunting etc

The angle of the light beams can make it look bigger
sorta more kinda gods house user added image sorry bad schoolin memories. more intimidating. a steeper light angle

maybe even try a diferent lense on the camera to add to the huge feeling?

looks bangin bro user added image

xian

# 7 26-10-2003 , 07:08 PM
windows are fine as every church has its own unique architecture,depending on what youre trying to make out of them although with this lighting setup it would be great if you throw in those stain glass windows with coloured light filtering through them.