Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-05-2005 , 04:06 AM

Dang, this is gettting annoying, joint problem... HRRR

I am trying to animate this simple guy walking, and i already set the skeleton up (no kinematics), and i try to key the guy, move his leg and then key again... but the problem is, after i move the guy's joint, the guy changes in all the frames... i want it to be with his leg down at key 75, and his foot up at 85. When i move the foot and key at 85, i go back and discover that what i changed was also affecting key 75, and so on.... gets frustrating... do i need to key all the joints??? and should i key the skeleton of the guy?? (i tried them both and they do the same thing..) user added image user added image

help

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 2 14-05-2005 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
Hi,
Just check you haven't pressed the "Autokeyframe" button by mistake? If not then it sounds like something in the set-up of the bones/IK whatever of the character and could be caused by many things.