Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-04-2006 , 06:53 AM

WWII ME109 Aircraft Model

Just posted in download section a model aircraft I have worked on extensively. . .

It has the whole instrument panel and the landing gear with the wheel wells. I have not textured it perfectly, If you texture it better, send me a copy! The textures may need to be re-linked. If so, I have a picture of the cockpit included here . . . The propeller is coded to turn via MEL . . . Here is a photo of the cockpit . . .

Attached Thumbnails

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 14-04-2006 at 11:59 AM.
# 2 08-04-2006 , 06:55 AM
Here is a front view . . .

Attached Thumbnails

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 3 08-04-2006 , 06:57 AM
Top View . .

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 08-04-2006 , 03:04 PM
Good work skywola - though I am not sure about that black and white spiral thing on the propellor. Is that on your reference image? It looks a little distracting and out of place.

# 5 09-04-2006 , 01:41 AM
Well, it probably is not textured quite as well as it could be, I suppose my texturing is probably ok as long as the prop is turning, I mean, I'd have motion blur happing there too . . . but the spiral is authentic, it was used during wartime. If you happen to see a film of with a ME 109 in it, like in the movie "The Memphis Belle", or some authentic war footage, you will see it . . . I am sure it was done because it has a psychological effect on the enemy! After you have seen it in motion, it is kind of an interesting effect . . . .

# 6 10-04-2006 , 07:40 AM
Subscriber
it looks like a plane from call of duty.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 7 10-04-2006 , 08:05 AM
Here's a side shot of it . . .

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 10-04-2006 , 08:06 AM
And the bottom with the wheels retracted . . . I probably should not have made the fit so tight, there should be a better gap between the wheel legs and the chasis . . .

Attached Thumbnails