Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-06-2006 , 03:42 PM

Snap mode problem please help

i dont know what buttons that i hit when this happened, whenever i pick (points, edges, faces) around either their (x,y or z) axis they move like they are in snap mode, but when i pick multi points or faces together and move them from the yellow box i can move them around freely can anyone tell me how to turn this thing off i was checking the shortcut menus for snap modes ,none of of them are on

Last edited by enzo80; 19-06-2006 at 04:24 PM.
# 2 19-06-2006 , 05:40 PM
There are three buttons at the top of your screen which can turn on snap to options (I think that they have a magnet attached to a grid in one of them). Make sure that these buttons are not turned on.

Sorry for the vague description, but I am not at my computer at the moment.

# 3 19-06-2006 , 05:49 PM

Re: Snap mode problem please help

Originally posted by enzo80
i dont know what buttons that i hit when this happened, whenever i pick (points, edges, faces) around either their (x,y or z) axis they move like they are in snap mode, but when i pick multi points or faces together and move them from the yellow box i can move them around freely can anyone tell me how to turn this thing off i was checking the shortcut menus for snap modes ,none of of them are on

all my snaps are tunred off, i check the icons, but still is moving 1 unit in snap mode

can you guys give me some combo of short cut keys that might trigger this effect off??

---------------------------------------------

nvm i found the problem in W ( move) marking menu snap mode was on there

Last edited by enzo80; 19-06-2006 at 06:56 PM.