Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-12-2002 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber

Sound for a website

I have this really bad website, and I want to make a new site (got inspired today).

Anyway, I need some cool/appropriate music; I know that some freeware are not able to save but I have this Goldwave shareware (great shareware!) that is excellent for recording, however I need to make some sound with some articifial instruments and I do not have a synt/keyboard.

I remember from a time way back, when I had the Commodore Amiga 500, there was a software that you could make music using your pc-keyboard.

I tried searching the internet and scanned the mirc for channels but I still have no clue if there are any simple software for my need.

I want to make my own sound, and not use some soundtrack (of course), although I really liked the Menu-Music (!) from the DVD movie "The Watcher". Have tried to find out what track is is but I have no clue. I'll buy the cd if I bump into it in a store some time.

Anyway, can you tell me i there are any software that lets you use the keyboard on your pc for making tones and such?

# 2 03-12-2002 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
Oh, I found the Steinberg Cubase SX Demo and after some major fiddling, I got to make some midi sound, but I can't save it.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 03-12-2002 , 02:46 PM
That's the drawback with most audio demos...they prevent saving. Otherwise, I'd suggest Propellerhead's Reason which is a good all-in-one solution but will still set you back in the money dept.

A hack solution to the SX problem would be to just output your sound to another source (cassette deck) without saving then bring that back into the computer if you have a soundcard that can do it. You might lose some fidelity but if you're optimizing for the web it won't matter all that much anyway, especially as background ambient sound.

# 4 03-12-2002 , 09:45 PM
Subscriber
try webattack.com, sourceforge.com and search for "mp3 authoring" or "audio authoring", sure you will find one,,user added image