Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-03-2010 , 01:03 AM
Lifetime Member

Animation workflow or Work order?

I dont know what order you Model/Texture/Rig/Smooth... Render

I have modelled a char, its Smooth Proxy looks great. Now should I have rigged the low poly or the high? - Always see in animatics/Previs's people animating with their low poly model so their PC doesnt implode. But when I render this I get the Diamond faceted polygon look, smoothing at the end as everybody but me knew, threw everything for a loop. I have spent days trying to get the High Poly to inherit the Animation but dont know how.

# 2 30-03-2010 , 09:20 PM
The thin red line
I think you want to bake a texture, there is a free tutorial on this site to bake a normal map...........dave

# 3 31-03-2010 , 09:11 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
That's some pretty complex stuff you are trying to do, i suggest you make a character out of spheres and start to learn how to animate and with each turn you will learn a technical thing with it, you start at a to high a level