Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 27-04-2003 , 06:46 AM
oh man! That's CLASSIC! hehe

:p

~nspiratn
# 17 02-05-2003 , 07:10 PM

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I tried "maya" as a command, but it also says it does not exist?

try assignSG as a command, it doesnt work unless you have already assigned a shader to a piece of geomtery. I tried looking for help on it but it doesnt even exist in the documentatino but if you turn on "Echo All Commands" in the script editor it's there and maya uses it to assign the shading group. So once you've assigned something it will work (but there's still no help for it!)

Why does Maya have such crappy documentation?! Has this been addressed in maya 5? I looked at the Max 5 documentation and it kicks ass over the maya one! There's loads of tutorials from rigging to animation to particles to whatever you want! user added image I wish alias would sort it out! oh and the MEL interface but that's a whole other kettle of fish!

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 18 02-05-2003 , 08:00 PM
From what I've heard, it has been improved from a usability stadpoint, and has a more stable, and thorough search feature.

...but that's all I know about it....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 19 02-05-2003 , 09:58 PM
oh well I guess colouring reserved words, a decent way to indent scripts, etc etc was far too much to ask ! user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 20 02-05-2003 , 10:11 PM
Found this on google:

Issue: Optimized scene file location when using the -optimizeRender flag Limitation

When using the -optimizeRender flag, the location for the optimized scene file to be created is based on the current project defined by the preferences or by the MAYA_PROJECT environment variable.

Workaround:

Provide the absolute path where you would like the optimized file to be created.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."