Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 27-09-2013 , 12:03 AM

Bad render with Instanced Particles

Hi,
I created a snapshot sequence of an animation then referenced it in a particle system as an instance. It's all working fine with the exception of the render. I checked the snapshot sequence and those objects render fine, but when it's rendered as a particle it looks completely wrong. The 1st pic is the way it should look, the 2nd is the way it's actually rendering and the last is the shader network.
I'm also going to post this in the rendering section since it seems this problem may be relevant there as well.
Thanks much,
~CG

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-09-2013 , 05:03 AM

!! RESOLVED !!

Just in case anyone else ever runs into this same problem, this is how I fixed it:

--Unchecked "Enable Default Light" in the Common tab of the Render Globals.
--Applied the high quality display setting to all the snapshot reference meshes (keyboard short cut "3"). For some reason when these are in the low quality mode, the shader looks blown out. There's probably a deeper issue here that I haven't unearthed, but since this works, I'm running with it.

Back to the madness.
~CG