Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-11-2013 , 09:09 AM

nparticles>polygon mesh keeps vibrating

Hi, currently I'm trying to do a simulation of a water stream. (basically a guy peeing).
I've create a Volume cure and particles will flow along the curve. But right now, after i've converted nparticles>polygon, the mesh, especially some minor droplets, it keeps vibrating, rotating, making minor random shapes when it's falling down.. I've googled and look for tutorial but couldn't find a solution. So i've decided to try and post my question here.. Thank you very much

# 2 30-11-2013 , 09:35 PM
EduSciVis-er
Try increasing the damp, and/or the friction.

# 3 01-12-2013 , 05:56 AM
Nope, it doesn't work... user added image

I've uploaded a video of how it looks like...

https://youtu.be/9QatjXV7CME

If u look at those round droplets, it keeps making weird shapes..

# 4 01-12-2013 , 03:01 PM
EduSciVis-er
I don't know, it doesn't look that unrealistic to me, if you see slow mo video of water droplets, they shimmer around a bit. But if you really want it more stable, you should be able to. Do you have any fields in the simulation?

# 5 01-12-2013 , 04:27 PM
Only gravity field and the particles flow along a volume curve.