Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-09-2004 , 07:35 AM

character - wally the weasel

Here's a new project I'm working on. At first I had envisioned him to be sneaky and weasely..but I'm not sure anymore.

What do you think his character should be?

Attached Thumbnails

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there...with open arms, and open eyes" - Incubus
# 2 14-09-2004 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
Hummm my sugestions. Cute, happy go lucky, but nervise. Bites on his nails some.

Cool critter.

# 3 14-09-2004 , 12:44 PM
LOL! he is super cool! he seems to me like a happy go lucky kind o'weasel,

really like those small short arms, Great work!

Regards Dave
# 4 14-09-2004 , 12:46 PM

Regards Dave
# 5 14-09-2004 , 01:03 PM
Subscriber
nice char. ...any thoughts you want to share with us on what your going to do with it ? ...I should go for pony's words as his karacter user added image

# 6 14-09-2004 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber

oposite direction

I think this character should be the kind of con-man that are always in the movies. Make him come across as happy and fun but deep down it's the complete oposite No one would ever see it coming. (Except for the fact that he is in fact a weasel)

# 7 14-09-2004 , 07:14 PM
Awww....I just love the little weasel character! user added image I hope that you will put it into a scene and animate it! user added image Maybe you can have it trying to get into trouble (since it is a weasel), but it is very clumsy and always messes up on its mischievous deeds...it is just an idea. :p

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 8 14-09-2004 , 11:12 PM
Technical Director
hehe. great job mate!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 15-09-2004 , 07:07 AM
Subscriber

Re: oposite direction

Originally posted by brentlydavis
I think this character should be the kind of con-man that are always in the movies. Make him come across as happy and fun but deep down it's the complete oposite No one would ever see it coming. (Except for the fact that he is in fact a weasel)

I completely agree. He's an unforgettable character looking for devilment. Great work.

t3

# 10 15-09-2004 , 08:03 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
His arms are too short for a devilish and sneeky character. Judging by the the expression on the left shot alone, I would say a more Goofy (disney) kind of character or a bit bashful ( not 7 dwarfs though, they suck big time)

_J

# 11 15-09-2004 , 08:05 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Actually give him a car mechanics personality. That would fit exactly. Or have I gone off on a tangent??

_J

# 12 16-09-2004 , 03:46 AM
Thanks for the great ideas!

It has inspired me to create a funny short. He is going to be a happy go lucky character frolickin in the wilderness. He finds a butterfly and merrily chases it which will ultimately get him into trouble. I won't give away the ending but I'll hopefully update soon with some background stuff and other characters.

My goal for this project is to make it as disney-esque as possible in animation style with a little bit of ren and stimpy ..hehe

David Nilson:
That would be great! Cause I'm pretty new to rigging, the sumo might not be very easy to animate for you but I can give it a go. I wish there were more hours in the day and nights. I'll start brainstorming sumo ideas as the next project.

Cheers.

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there...with open arms, and open eyes" - Incubus
# 13 17-09-2004 , 02:08 PM
hehe...very cool looking character you have there. Nice. user added image

# 14 17-09-2004 , 03:18 PM

Originally posted by rhaoosh

My goal for this project is to make it as disney-esque as possible in animation style with a little bit of ren and stimpy ..hehe

Sounds like a winner!

Looks greatuser added image

Dave

# 15 18-09-2004 , 11:46 AM
Hey!
Here's another character...Bear (for lack of a better name)

...and yes...he's a direct deformation of the weasel. I'm lazy like that.

Attached Thumbnails