Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-10-2005 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber

help wiv render particles

i have created a scene and it renders best in maya software as i have 7PLE i have been using the toon shaders avaliable, but i have particle in the scene to be stars. how do i render this as i can only get it to render in mya hardware. i have used a normal particle emmiter

ne help is much apprechated

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

Last edited by pbman; 11-10-2005 at 08:47 PM.
# 2 11-10-2005 , 09:04 PM
What is your particle render type set to?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 12-10-2005 , 12:33 PM
Subscriber
hey thanks for ur time- i just went : F4 for dynamics
particles - create emitter option box - reset settings - create set a time line for it to go for 1000to get required amount. applied a shader to them. thats how i done it

plz could u also tell me how to make them only go a certain dist as they go on forever at the mo

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

Last edited by pbman; 12-10-2005 at 12:48 PM.
# 4 12-10-2005 , 11:35 PM
It sounds like you are a beginner, which is no problem, thats what this community is foruser added image
Welcomeuser added image

First question: What version of Maya are you running?

I ask this because as of Maya 6 there are now full blown Tutorials that come with the docsuser added image

So, just do a search for particles, and the reference will appear, as well as tutorials for particle animation and rendering right there in the docs. Its pretty cool for beginners.

Check that out first, as it is a QUICK, and SIMPLE way to get going quickly with all aspects of Mayauser added image

Good luck!

PS, the default particle render type is Hardware points, which is why you must render the default particles in the HW rendereruser added image

Change the type to SW cloud, and you can see puffy clouds in the Software rendereruser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com