Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-03-2007 , 08:38 PM
Jr.Who

Error when loading cloth plug-in

Hey guys,

IÕm taking the cloth tutorial, and so I went to load the cloth plug-in and it came up with this error:

// Error: No valid licenses to load the plugin (CpClothPlugin)

IÕve loaded all the other plug-ins fine, but this oneÕs giving me a hard time. IÕm using Maya 8.5 Unlimited on a Mac if it helps any.

# 2 20-03-2007 , 06:23 AM
Subscriber
the Old cloth function has been removed as of Maya 8.5. You need a special license from Autodesk to get it to work again.

ncloth has replaced the old cloth tool.

# 3 20-03-2007 , 06:30 AM
strange, works fine on my system, both the ncloth and the Classic Cloth are still there and working/

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 20-03-2007 , 06:52 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by roach105
the Old cloth function has been removed as of Maya 8.5. You need a special license from Autodesk to get it to work again.

ncloth has replaced the old cloth tool.

I see. Can I still take the cloth tutorial even if I will use ncloth, or is it a completely different thing?

# 5 20-03-2007 , 07:03 AM
Its completly different, N cloth you use polys, so you would model the clothes in polys and then convert to Ncloth make the body a collision object and thats about it, really really easy to use.

P.S Whats with the ' key one your keyboard?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 20-03-2007 , 07:08 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
Its completly different, N cloth you use polys, so you would model the clothes in polys and then convert to Ncloth make the body a collision object and thats about it, really really easy to use.

P.S Whats with the ' key one your keyboard?

Thanks. IÕm using a Mac, and my encoding might be different than yours, so thatÕs why my 's are different than my Ôs. In order to get the ' that youÔre looking for I have to hit the Ô key 3 times. Does Ô look weird on your computer?

BTW, since itÕs different is Kurt going to make a new tutorial for ncloth?

Last edited by Jr.Who; 20-03-2007 at 10:16 AM.