Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-04-2008 , 03:01 AM

real-time performance

Hi -

What's the current best real-time performance (as in live character performance, not computing power, per se) system that Maya ports out to? I've been working with Houdini, exporting to Touch -- what's the best for Maya? Does Motionbuilder provide a real-time system for Maya?

Thanks in advance.

# 2 22-04-2008 , 06:53 AM
Motionbuilder runs animations in real time if thats what you mean?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 22-04-2008 , 01:18 PM

Thanks, gster - yes.

I thought Motionbuilder might be the answer -- but I've had some trouble finding specific information about it's "performable" functions. Also, is Motionbuilder inside Maya, or a "destination" software to which Maya exports?

Is there any information you can point me to on these questions (so I can stop bugging you and the forum about it)? user added image

Thanks again for responding.

# 4 22-04-2008 , 02:58 PM
hehe, not a problem, its a sepperate app, you use the fbx file format to go between, its really good, really fast too.

You can get a PLE form autodesk to give it a whirl.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle