Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-07-2008 , 05:50 PM
19 year Veteran

THX1138 - summer challenge

Ok so I finally found a subject. A record player. it wont be exactly the same as pictured as I will be going off of many different references. I might just go for a vintage look, or first generation record player. You know the ones with the big horn for the speaker.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-07-2008 , 12:49 AM
nice choice - this should be interesting. user added image

# 3 07-08-2008 , 03:57 AM
Subscriber

Re: THX1138 - summer challenge

Originally posted by THX1138
I might just go for a vintage look, or first generation record player. You know the ones with the big horn for the speaker.

grammophon?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 07-08-2008 , 04:58 AM
19 year Veteran
I don't think what I'm doing is a gramophone. I think they came before the phonograph. I think the gramophone used cylinders instead of discs. I'm doing a vintage Victor model phonograph if I'm correct. Easy to model, but very hard to find references for. Looks like I'm going to have to build my own version from various models. It's slowly coming together though.

Will have some progress to show soon.

# 5 10-08-2008 , 09:20 AM

Originally posted by THX1138
Looks like I'm going to have to build my own version from various models. It's slowly coming together though.

Will have some progress to show soon.

yeah - that's what i had to do - sort of composite my model from various references.

come on mate - where's me pics? i don't want to have to come round your house and give you a kick. user added image

# 6 10-08-2008 , 05:21 PM
19 year Veteran
Will have some progress to post soon. Still looking at reference pics. The problem is that the references pics are small and from one side. Kinda hard to model from that perspective. Anyway, I'm almost there.

# 7 13-08-2008 , 12:38 AM
19 year Veteran
Ok first wip. Not much to look at right know. My references are still not good. Starting with the base. It's the part I'm having such a hard time finding good quality references of. I may just design my own base of thats ok with mike.

Attached Images