Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 06-01-2010 , 02:32 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by DJProfK
While i can't say you'll end up "using" japanese, one thing is for sure, you expanded your knowledge, wich is more that many have done in their lifes, and you'll have something to tell your kids later on (or brag on the internetz, what ever suits you best user added image).

(if you're really feeling frustrated about learning japanese, take a break, just try to give it another go later on, knowing a little more is always rewarding)

If we look at all the stuff we learned at school when we were kids, we see that we know stuff that will never end up using by miles. So uhh.... look what i said above user added image

Yeah, but I'd rather learn Italian and use it instead of learn Japanese and rarely use it. Plus, I'd want my kids to learn Italian anyway!

I've already taken many breaks! It's just that every time I end up stopping. And this is a bit different from the stuff I learned in school. I get to pick this, not someone else.

Originally posted by Chirone
i never could understand that reason.

and i think italian is easier to learn than japanese because it's closer to english? (more importantly you can read what they write user added image)

That's cause you're not Italian! :p lol

And I always found it rediculous that Japanese has three writing systems. It makes no sense, you think they'd modernize it by now!

# 17 06-01-2010 , 04:49 PM
The Nurb Herd
err... wasn't the Japanese writing system based on the old chinese kanji, but was simplified and modernised.

# 18 06-01-2010 , 10:42 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by hammer.horror
err... wasn't the Japanese writing system based on the old chinese kanji, but was simplified and modernised.

I guess kanji is a little bit simpler than Chinese, but you've still got hiragana and katakana. They should've just switched to hiragana completely.

# 19 07-01-2010 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
yeah, they took the stuff from china and made their own stuff too

perhaps they wanted to keep a distinguishment between their original words and foreign words so they have both hiragana and katakana

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 20 07-01-2010 , 08:10 PM
I used to travel to Japan a lot on business. I got by okay without speaking Japanese. I managed to learn a couple phrases although the only two I recall are "I am sorry" and "I take its life" (a little prayer before eating).

I used to joke with my colleagues that I did not have to learn to read because the pictograms were so easy to figure out like:

"emergency exit" equals the one legged stickman figure falling out of a flower pot with his head on fire...simple! lol

Cheers!
Rich

Good to see you back posting.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675