Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 08-11-2010 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
Thx, for the tip. I ll try it today!!! as i finish the easier part of texturing user added image the armband will be not so sweet as the top

some daily progress:

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 09-11-2010 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
today i ve finished the watch. I ve some problem. I deleted the history & now if i move or rotate the upper part the texture does not come with it.
At the nodes If i click to select object with material its is still connected, just when i try to drag the watch somewhere nothing happens(with the texture).
What shall i do to work it good?

# 33 09-11-2010 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
hmmm
i selected the Upper part & the texture, i hit P as parent i think
i hope it will work on render pictures

Originally posted by Joey81
today i ve finished the watch. I ve some problem. I deleted the history & now if i move or rotate the upper part the texture does not come with it.
At the nodes If i click to select object with material its is still connected, just when i try to drag the watch somewhere nothing happens(with the texture).
What shall i do to work it good?

# 34 09-11-2010 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber
thats it for today.

I am trying to find some good render position. It looks a little dark

Any crits, ideas re welcome user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 35 09-11-2010 , 11:11 PM
Lifetime Member
wow that is certainly different now mate......well done!!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 36 10-11-2010 , 08:28 PM
Administrator
Looks really nice Joey. A thought on the metal though because it doesn't really pop in that render and could use an environment for it to reflect. I can't tell what material you're using but you could try mapping the refections with an image or connect in image based lighting, I think it would really add to the render.

# 37 10-11-2010 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
thx!
I used mia_material with chrome effect & the other parts re just with a blinn & texture. Main Glass> phong

I will look after image based lightning & mapping but today/tomorrow i need to learn rigging & animation. not as a pro.. but to understand the essentials, how it works & what is what.

Originally posted by Miss_Nova
Looks really nice Joey. A thought on the metal though because it doesn't really pop in that render and could use an environment for it to reflect. I can't tell what material you're using but you could try mapping the refections with an image or connect in image based lighting, I think it would really add to the render.

# 38 10-11-2010 , 08:52 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Looks nice, I would just go to the next project and learn some more and at one point come back at the model and see if you can make it better, then you really see how far you have progressed user added image

# 39 13-11-2010 , 10:28 PM
Subscriber
Thank you all the feedbacks & comments!!!

Miss_Nova: Can I ve some question about 3point lighting tutorial? If I remember well you made the tutorial. i ve a few problem user added image I am not sure where did I go wrong.
I ll open another tread if its okey. & take a few screen

Originally posted by mastone
Looks nice, I would just go to the next project and learn some more and at one point come back at the model and see if you can make it better, then you really see how far you have progressed user added image

# 40 14-11-2010 , 06:38 AM
Administrator
No problem Joey, just post it up. One thing for three-point lighting to keep in mind though is that it is a highly artificial light set up and represents a lighting scenario that would not occur naturally so if you want something photorealistic it won't work very well. One thing you can do that I do a lot is to create an area light and aim it from above diagonally in the same way you'd use a key. Area lights are nice because they have a soft inbuilt decay, mental ray area lights especially work great when you have something like that watch on a table surface. But anyway, I'll stop babbling post it up and we'll try fixing ituser added image