Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-04-2005 , 10:19 AM

Booleans problem

I tryed to make a hull for my car from a lots of different pieces. Bumpers, hood, roof, etc. All of them are made of polygons, but when I try to use Union on them, they just disapperar. And to be more annoying, not all of them- I can use the function correctly on the left panel, but not on the right, what is just mirrored from the first. It makes no sense. Too high polycount? Wrong config? Bad day to Maya...? user added image
Can anybody help me, pls?

Yeah, I know, don't mention it.
My english sucks.
# 2 04-04-2005 , 10:40 AM
I'm having exactly the same problems 0k0ska here, I'm sure (hopes) there's a simple solution?

# 3 04-04-2005 , 11:31 AM
Subscriber
AliO

If you really need to use boolean merge the polys - you must merge one by one, i.e., ploy 'a' merged with poly 'b' : to make ploy 'c' then merge poly 'd' to the new poly 'c' - etc.

A long job if you did'nt do it from the start......

Try: Polygons>Combine

(Hope this helps)

Keith

# 4 04-04-2005 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber
once there combined a boolean will not work btw.
Try deletting your history befor and after the boolean's. Watch the new mesh make sure its clean. n-gon's tend to give it tribles..

maybe some picks of when you have the problem ?