Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-04-2005 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber

End of Semester Wrap Up

Well it is the end of the semester and i wanted to show some of the things that I did. All of this is just practice. First time animations.....the models are...well...to the best of my current ability.
Hope you guys enjoy.
Also, the character in the animations is really a "dummy" given to us...his name is Fred user added image

Fred Jump

Samurai Fred

Table and Chairs

Andrew 1

Andrew 2

Andrew 3

Andrew's Weapon

thanks fdor checking my stuff out user added image

# 2 26-04-2005 , 06:59 PM
Subscriber
the table and chairs is really simple yet very well done and a nice render with all the shadows.

the jumps could use some work, he hangs in the air for quite a while, unless that kind of super human jumping gravity is what you were going for with the ninja.

also, would be nice to put this altogether in a composition rather than 5-6 files

First year 3D Grad
# 3 26-04-2005 , 07:08 PM
Study traditional animation. Watch a recording of someone jump. Look how they accelerate on the fall and it is really fast. Also you nead some anticipation. Have him squat before he leeps. Try doing an animation of a simple bouncing ball first. Get that to look right. Those principles will help you.