Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-07-2006 , 03:39 AM

flipped uv's?

i apologize if this was adequately described in another post and i missed it... i searched a bit and found some similar posts but nothing that was able to solve my problem.

attached is a screenshot of my problem.

you can see in maya my uv's appear flipped but they render out just fine. i tired polygon uv's>flip uv's but that just seems to flip them horizontal or verticle. i cant seem to find it anywhere in the material editor either, can someone help me out here?

thx in adavance!

Attached Thumbnails

'Let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.'
# 2 15-07-2006 , 07:36 AM
Im kinda confused on the question...

If the render is fine, then whats wrong? Sometimes maya just does wierd things that you have to deal with, just knowing that the render will be okay. This happens alot with textures, sometimes it has to do with your graphics card. But as long as the render is fine whats the problem?

# 3 15-07-2006 , 06:48 PM
i like to do a lot of back and forth between photoshop and my 3d app when creating textures to see how they look on the model and having to render it everytime i want to look at the model adds another step that to me seems highly unecessary.

im sorry if my question was confusing, i tried to be as literal as possible and included the screenshot for clarity.. basicaly i want to know how to flip uv's (like in 3ds max) because the flip uv menu item doesnt seem to what i need.

as a side note this is my first maya mesh so there prolly a lot of wonky stuff going on... one thing in particular is i applied a checker to my lambert1 and had to create other lamberts for the textures because i couldnt get rid of the checker pattern.. maybe this has something to do with it?

'Let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.'
# 4 15-07-2006 , 07:16 PM
Ahh okay I understand now...

I dont think its a UV problem I think the real problem is just how your graphics card is handling the texture and the model at the same time...so im not sure what the fix on that would be, sorry.

As for the texture problem...well you shouldnt change any of the default hypershade colors or else you can really screw up your scene. I would suggest changing that lambert1 back to the default settings, and make a new lambert checker for the UVs. Truthfully that might be the problem in general...I just know that if you start changing those default colors you can really mess up your scene in the future.