Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 106 21-05-2006 , 10:26 AM
thanks everyone,

I would like to finish the animation at some point in the future, but I would definately like to take a hiatus from the project after the assessment. Spending 8 months on a project like this is really draining and it would be really nice to start working on something fresh and new. But as i mentioned, i definately want to finish the film.

# 107 21-05-2006 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
yeah dude you better finish this flim user added image

and how big screen resolution that you render a frame out?

Last edited by starjsjswars; 21-05-2006 at 05:38 PM.
# 108 21-05-2006 , 05:47 PM
Subscriber
i wanna see this film with sound effect! and in colour
Get ure finger out mate user added image

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 109 24-05-2006 , 05:04 PM
Man today has been a long day.

starjsjswars, the film is at 720x576 DVD res as specified in my brief, i would like a larger version at some point

Today was my final deadline for the major project, the first 2 and a half minutes were complete for the assessment, i'm relatively happy with the result, though it'll probably receive a lot of tweaking if i finish the film off.

click on the link to download the film...the film is compressed so i could upload it (DivX) and is around 40mb. To put this in comparison, the uncompressed version i handed in is over 5Gb.

Click here to download film

# 110 24-05-2006 , 06:11 PM
Subscriber
brillient well worth the download its was great readint all the post following the progression too!

oh my Lunch catapiller movie! is definatly nightmare-ish
all 3 of your links brillient work!

great sound tracks too

-----------I need to learn maya quickly!

Last edited by Milarky; 24-05-2006 at 06:32 PM.
# 111 24-05-2006 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
Well done, I'll be a happy man if I can produce something of that standard at the end of my course!! I hope the examiners appreciate it too!!

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 112 24-05-2006 , 07:38 PM
Nice mate! I loved it! hope one day i'll be able to do something like that user added image. keep up the good work!

Good luck with the examiner

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 113 24-05-2006 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber
aww man that was sweet. You left me in suspense. Cool music too. It reminded me of Home Alone.

# 114 25-05-2006 , 10:33 AM
Subscriber
dude looked really cool well done. The rendering looks spot on and your character moves really well.

heres hoping you don`t take too long to finnish it off as that would be a shame. :hug:

Mines in 2mo, but don`t think I`ll get the sound track done in time, but at least I got it all rendered.
Really starting to hate it now. Want to do something else:headbang:

# 115 25-05-2006 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber
can i ask where all you guys are going to school? i have a 15 yr old that wants to get into 3d for a profession and he keeps asking me where he should be looking at.

i think the work you have done here is great. . .and i m interested to know where you learned. while you only get out of school what you put into it, its fairly obvious that wherever you are learning is teaching you well.

hopefully you will get time to finish. i think it would be great if you let some of the people here help you do some rendering. i for one would be willing to lend my machines down time to assist you in completeing this project.

great work i wish you much success.

# 116 25-05-2006 , 03:02 PM

What program s did you need to create such a cool masterpiece

WOW!

3 years eh? Man does time pass when you're having fun for an education you enjoy.

Seems like its a lot of hard work but the rewards will be well deserved when it's finished I'm sure.

Out of cusriosity what programs were a necessity to create this animation...once it's done?

Let me know because this is exactly something I look forward to creating.

Looking forward to seeing the finished result

Regards,

The Ferret

<a href="https://www.rapidforexfever.com">
Click here
# 117 25-05-2006 , 03:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and words of encouragement, they are greatly appreciated. user added image

Anm8or - I go to the Swansea Institute of higher Education in Wales, and whilst I must thank them for teaching me the trade as such, you are correct in thinking that you have to put a lot in yourself. Most of the course relies on going out and figuring out things for yourself. Other good animation courses in the UK are Bournemouth (regarded as the best) and teeside. You can check out the institute here

The Forrex Ferret (cool name) - Basically the modelling/rigging and animation were all setup in Maya 7. The textures and such were done in Photoshop 7 and what little post work there was (logo fades, camera shakes etc.) was done in Eyeon Fusion 5.

# 118 25-05-2006 , 03:20 PM
Its looking great...

I love the model-esque pictures...

# 119 25-05-2006 , 03:54 PM
Subscriber
good work but may i add 1 or 2 tips with animation 1 thing i have relised when the guy is falling\hanging his whole body isnt moving when he is trying to fall and the legs go back to the same place. good work.

# 120 25-05-2006 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
I absolutley love the character design and modelling but im not too keen on the animation.

I think you must have used IK to move the arms when he walks towards the cabinet. Try FK instead and it will look more believable and more fluid.

Also, the movements are kinda robotic. Try going into the graph editor and fine tune the movements, especially the head.

Sorry if i sound really mean but i think you can only get better and better if you recieve critism. Keep up the gud work and hope u do really well on your course!

Btw, Teesside was brilliant at teaching me 3d animation. Too bad about the place! :p