Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-12-2002 , 11:47 AM
Subscriber

Best Operating System

Hi there! What's your favorite OS?
What do you say about WinXP?

Ioannis KarAvas

Last edited by AbsolutelyWhite; 20-12-2002 at 03:05 PM.
# 2 20-12-2002 , 11:59 AM
Kevin

Re: Best Operating System

Originally posted by AbsolutelyWhite
I have windows xp pro but i don't have the crack!?
can anyone help?i've only 20 days left! :-)
user added image

really AbsolutelyWhite! you really should know better then to ask for that here. I had to ban a member last week for this kind of comment.

This board could be shut down if we let such comments go.

You are on final warning.

# 3 20-12-2002 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
Oops sorry...but truth now..i OWN WinXP legally, formatted my Hd recently and i can't make them to work right!
I've also tried Linux BUT modem doesn't work!

P.S I am not taking back what i said...just covering our backs! user added image

Ioannis KarAvas

Last edited by AbsolutelyWhite; 20-12-2002 at 03:06 PM.
# 4 20-12-2002 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
i love Win xp pro.... but gotta admit the stability of 2kpro.....
the choice is yours stability or customizabiltiy?

# 5 20-12-2002 , 01:45 PM
Kevin
hey no problem there !

We just have to cover our backs.

Any how.... I use xp although over time it really has some anoying features... I do think it more stable then 2k but others say different.

But if you like XP, do what I have done ...and disabled all its "fancy features" especially that really bad ZIP function and "cd burning option" user added image

# 6 20-12-2002 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
LOL!!! i agree to the annoying features... but the good stuff cover them.....

# 7 20-12-2002 , 01:54 PM
If there'd be enough good apps for Linux I would choose it. Going with w2k now...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 20-12-2002 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
i did try linux once... but similarly, no good softwares(i mean as good as windows) is available for it.... and i only had the maya for windows CD... user added image

# 9 20-12-2002 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
Well a cool feature of Xp is multiple users*..and maybe the enviroment..

*My brother and my friend can't touch my work in Maya..

Ioannis KarAvas
# 10 22-12-2002 , 11:47 PM

If there'd be enough good apps for Linux I would choose it. Going with w2k now...

i did try linux once... but similarly, no good softwares(i mean as good as windows) is available for it.... and i only had the maya for windows CD...

XP may have multiuser but Linux/Unix is true multitasking and true multiuser....trust me check it out

It may not be GUI but man is it powerful....I run both Linux and XP Pro.....and I have not found something that there wasn't a tool for in Linux. And hey what can be better than the ability to make your own tools and programs for Linux :banana: user added image user added image

# 11 23-12-2002 , 12:04 AM
Hello new to the site, just made my name.

I've used the XP operating sys, and I like the its interface, icons for the different users, and its customability.

2K is what I use at home and it's stability and security are it's only standouts.

And then theres OSX, also here at home. I love this operating sys. I just came back from the Apple Store with my g/f, we bought her brother some speakers and amp for the Mac, and i just fell in love with that PowerBook G4. Want one really bad! poor student though.

-adrian

# 12 23-12-2002 , 03:29 PM

Originally posted by Saiyan
XP may have multiuser but Linux/Unix is true multitasking and true multiuser....trust me check it out

It may not be GUI but man is it powerful....I run both Linux and XP Pro.....and I have not found something that there wasn't a tool for in Linux. And hey what can be better than the ability to make your own tools and programs for Linux :banana: user added image user added image

Yes, I agree. Linux is powerful. I've used it quite a bit (debian). But somehow I found myself booting to windows quite often. Some times it was because there wasn't a driver to some piece of hw I had. Some times it was some app I missed. Anyway, I've become so lazy nowadays that I don't want to spend my time on tweaking system settings, installing drivers, compiling whatever, reading tons of docs just to get something simple to work etc etc. You get my point? I want to use my system as a tool. I don't want my system to be the hobby user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 13 23-12-2002 , 03:30 PM
And no... no Macs for me, please user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 14 24-12-2002 , 01:36 AM
I agree Kbrown Linux does have a learning curve but once you are good enough.....there is nothing stoppin ya....there hasn't been anything yet that I couldn't run.....I started with Mandrake, then to debian, then to progeny debian(very cool), tried StormLinux....lol....and now I am running RedHat8.0...all in all it has been a great learning experience for me.

Of Course Computers for me are tools, fun, hobby etc.....so my opinion is completely biasuser added image user added image

# 15 24-12-2002 , 09:10 AM

Originally posted by Ari_ITT_student
2K is what I use at home and it's stability and security are it's only standouts.

And then theres OSX, also here at home. I love this operating sys. I just came back from the Apple Store with my g/f, we bought her brother some speakers and amp for the Mac, and i just fell in love with that PowerBook G4. Want one really bad! poor student though.

-adrian

Ditto with Win2K and OSX here. I prefer OSX, but I'm comfortable working with either platform. The only reason I even have a PC is for work-related stuff (game exporters, the pain that is 3ds max, etc). I spend most of my time working on my Powerbook G4 and Cinema Display though. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job