Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-08-2013 , 03:40 PM
Prasoon Mishra

Maya fluids Burning Cottage (Falling wood & more ) WIP

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by minkumis; 17-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.
# 2 16-09-2013 , 01:21 PM
Hey so this looks like good progress but its not really clear what your tryign to achieve?

Off the bat the fire looks very noisy and high frequency and it won't really look right until you add smoke comming from the flames. What is this for, a showreel or just testing?

Either way I'd upload some reference that you're trying to match so that people can give more relevant feedback. If this is for a showreel you should think about texturing your wood and having the fire illuminate the model at render time. Ideally this should be in a shot context so maybe taking a photograph of a field with a HDRI and putting the shack in the environment.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 23-09-2013 , 07:02 AM
Prasoon Mishra

# 4 23-09-2013 , 03:03 PM
I think it's comming on well!!
But you have some way to go before I'd call this final.
Here is some reference I can find:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu94TWzcet4

I think to make this look real you need to have your fire simulation be the source and/ or effectors of your smoke simulation. Also you will need to have your fire as an illumnination source or it will look flat and broken.

There are areas where the flames are very slow and low frequency and the smoke comming off those areas are high frequency and going in a different direction.

Shading wise the smoke feels uniform and the fire too cool.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 29-09-2013 , 07:58 AM
Prasoon Mishra
Thanks... user added image I will try to make it correct.