Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-07-2003 , 05:07 PM

what are these boxes?

after creating the IK handles for my spider these boxes appeared around the little guy. I cant seem to figure out a way of getting rid of them! user added image can anyone tell me what they are and how to get rid of them please?

Alan

Attached Thumbnails

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 04-07-2003 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber
they appear around ik handles. dont know why - get rid of them if you hide the ik handle - and before hiding parent it to a dummy object, and the boxes are gone.

# 3 04-07-2003 , 05:24 PM
when you say dummy object what do you mean? a null?

cheers for the quick reply
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 04-07-2003 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber
aehm, anything, a locator, or if you like a little better shaped object, make a triangle. (triangle is a nurbs circle with 1 section and degree 1).

# 5 04-07-2003 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
cheers for the quick reply
Alan

i did not look when you posted it - it was just there then i looked. and as it had 0 replys it is highest prority while i look for posts here user added image

actually i just hang out here to see if someone has an idea for my other problem walk on the rope :p