Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-12-2003 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber

Filleting Problem

Hi

I need to fillet a surface to 2 adjacent surfaces - how can it be done.

[ I never manage the attach surfaces thing ]

Thanks

NIR

Attached Thumbnails

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 2 09-12-2003 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
i don't think u can (simultaniously at least) since they r 2 different surfaces. ur best bet is to attach the 2 adjacent surfaces into one, or if u donot want to , u can do a half fillet on one surface then do another half fillet on the other adjacent surface ( i could be wrong tho...user added image )
try also duplicating the adjacent surfaces the attach them (the duplicates) into one. (leave the dup. surface dead smack on the original 2 adjaccent ones, then with thte newly attached duplicated surface, do a fillet for it. then simply hide the duplicated surface this way only the fillet and the fillet object is visible along with the 2 adjacent original surfaces. hope this helped.user added image

# 3 09-12-2003 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
vlad

but trimmed surfaces vannot be attached and the second idea would not give me the resulting fillet where I want it.

Thanks

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com