Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-08-2005 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber

Total Rookie VS. Alienscience (game console)

Ok, all the rules are posted in the battle challenge thread. But let me say, you can choose to focus completely on one part of the scene. Console or Controller or both. Also, you can do any console you would like. IE. Xbox, Ps2, PSP, DS, GC, atari, etc.

Let the games begin.

PS. Oh yeah, and we will post our progress here.

# 2 12-08-2005 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I think I am going to go with the xbox. My favorite system 2 date, with halo and all. Getting ref pics. Just ignore the pic I have attached, Im going to reserve that spot so I dont have to make a new post for my refs.

Edit/Update: OK for my reference, I am just going to use my xbox. Thats as good as it can get I guess. But now I have run into a problem. Its with the bump map I am making for the top of the xbox. Its still in the very early stages. But I cannot find a way to make a completely symetrical X. Right now Im working with just flipping the image and mirroring.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by alienscience; 13-08-2005 at 12:47 AM.
# 3 13-08-2005 , 03:47 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
I will model my favorite console: the PS2!!!!
I got good ref pics...:attn:

Attached Images
File Type: bmp ps2.bmp (253.6 KB, 190 views)

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 4 13-08-2005 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
Ahhh, Alienscience, wish I had know you were thinking of doing this challenge, I've been modelling a PS2 user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 5 13-08-2005 , 10:14 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Just took the basic shape of the upper part:

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 6 13-08-2005 , 11:33 PM
Update:

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 7 14-08-2005 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by lisa_gonzalez
Ahhh, Alienscience, wish I had know you were thinking of doing this challenge, I've been modelling a PS2 user added image

Sorry, I just thought of you as way out of my league. Probably with girls and maya. LOL. (so sorry if your not a girl, its just that I dont meat many guys named lisa, but if you are, I will do anything I can to redeem myself) Got a little update. I have touched up the bump map, and tweaked it. I think I am almost done with the top of the console. I think though that I may have to increase the resolution to get rid of some of the jagged lines on the corners. And I will also have to get solid color tones for the x and little things that stick up, so I dont get those little dimples.

Man, football starts on like monday. So I have got to cram like a mug. But hey, Im still loving it (trademark of mcdonalds).The pix are of current progress.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 14-08-2005 , 09:52 PM
Dang, there's no way to model a PS2. I can't find the Buttons...So, here's the PSP:

Attached Images

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 9 14-08-2005 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
Nice. I like the psp. Dont have one, but its look very sleek. And I heard the game play isnt very bad, except for maybe the little stub they tried to make as an analog stick. I can send you some reference pix of the eject button and reset button. Low quality, but I think it should do the trick. But its up to what you decide.

# 10 14-08-2005 , 10:24 PM
My idea: send 'em. I'll do them two, since I have both PS2 and PSP.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 11 14-08-2005 , 10:26 PM
Thx. My idea: send 'em. I'll do them two, since I have both PS2 and PSP.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 12 14-08-2005 , 10:26 PM
Woops! Sorry for the double post up thereuser added image.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 13 15-08-2005 , 02:10 PM
I have PSP and PS2 as well. The little analog stick on the PSP I never use. It's sort of only there for when your thumb gets tired. user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 14 15-08-2005 , 08:24 PM
Yup, i always use the analog stick. But it's not so good as the PS2 controllers...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 15 15-08-2005 , 08:55 PM
Took the basic shape of the PSP:

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list