Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-04-2009 , 04:16 PM
Lifetime Member

Chef Ramsay - WIP

Hiya all,

Thought I'd post my first Chef Ramsay WIP. This at Part 6 of the tut, only 16 to go! Will be working on the arms and fingers now.

Very interesting doing tutorials from two different guys back to back. Workflows so different! The two tuts I've done from Kurt both started blocking with nurbs, whereas Jay goes straight into poly cubes. Completely new mindset for me, which has resulted in a slow start. But maybe because I've always worked with Nurbs first.

Nevertheless, great tut Jay! Clear, educational and informative!

-Jacques

Attached Thumbnails

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 2 16-04-2009 , 09:15 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Cool, whatever works best for you. At least now you have a choice and can choose a prefered method. Nurbs are useful blocking out, but I prefer to jump straight into poly as I can have full control over my edge loops without having to worry about a nurbs conversion and then start placing. Its less hassle...for me anyway -

plus this tute is actually reproduced from my time working as a modeller in VFX modelling for tv. So its a proven reliable method as welluser added image

have fun....

Jay