Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-01-2003 , 10:07 PM

Aircraft: latest Republican GUnship Composite

THis is the latest composite I made with the gunship, Made the textures, sharper added a bump and spec. map. The pilot and gunners are turned off for quicker render time. Thanks for viewing,
Brian

(p.s. I have a 1600x1200 composite for a desktop if anyone is intersted. Thansk,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 16-01-2003 at 11:14 PM.
# 2 17-01-2003 , 02:11 AM
no comments, no one like or dislike?
Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 17-01-2003 , 02:29 AM
NICE!!

Good job on the grain matching detailuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 17-01-2003 , 03:07 AM
Subscriber
I like it. One question, though. Is the background image of the streets and buildings real or cg? It's looks realistic, but there are some parts that look like they are not. Like the building in the upper left-hand corner looks too perfect. I can't tell the difference. What will we do when computer graphics become so real that we can't tell the difference? People won't be able to say, "Hey, that's a cool graphics image" because they won't know it is one!

# 5 17-01-2003 , 03:14 AM
THanks for your comments, user added image THe background is actually just an image!! I wish I had video footage at that angle for my animation, so I could show it fly up to the camera, stall out and flip over slowly and go the other dirrenction. Ohwell. ITs just a picture. THanks, for the replies. I take it as a compliment that you thought that the background was 3d. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 6 17-01-2003 , 03:36 AM
Subscriber
Great angle. Your composite is very seamless.

Nice work!

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 7 23-01-2003 , 04:04 PM
Subscriber
Man, that really is cool. I don't know what it is (a space gun ship with a pink alien driving... ?) but super cool!! Great texturing on the flyer. =]

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 8 24-01-2003 , 10:02 AM
Looks nice, the film grain is pretty much spot on. However, I would either blend the edges of the ship layer in more or i would have rendered the ship with motion blur

# 9 24-01-2003 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
I think you did an excellent job Brian. Just one question though the lines on the model that give it that paneled look. Are those drawn in paintFX?

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 10 24-01-2003 , 10:47 PM
The textures are done in photoshop, I didn't do the orignal model, I just retextured it.

Thanks,
brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 26-01-2003 , 01:04 AM
Cool!

# 12 28-01-2003 , 09:57 AM
Kevin
nice brian! you have an AVI of this work somewhere I think?

any chance of the link again?

great work!

# 13 29-01-2003 , 03:18 PM
I know this isnt WIP but I couldn't resist: :banana:

Something doesn't quite "sit right" in my opinion. Maybe adding a slipstream effect out of the back of the fighter might help... here's a rough re-work to show you what I mean.

Ps. The cloud effect was photoshop and 5mins i just wanted to show you roughly what I meant user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 14 29-01-2003 , 03:21 PM
I should have also said, the texturing is fantastic and I would love to see the texture maps that you used. Is there any chance of a download to have a squiz at them? please!
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 15 29-01-2003 , 03:45 PM
Hello... Thanks for the replies, Umm... Here is the old animation, with old textures, no spec or bump. I have totally remade it since this animaiton, and its much longer. But I am not going to show that off untill my demo is doneuser added image Witch should be done soon, with in the month or so. I agree about the back of the Ship, However, I think I am just going to make a trail of "heat distortion" at least that is what i did in my composite with matchmoving. Thanks again,
Brian

BTW you have to have divix to view it. (sorry)

Please check
My (old) website!