Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-03-2003 , 01:26 AM
Subscriber

Maya: Text format for animation?

To get "FreeCAD" emulated for Maya I was asked the following question from the programer:
"Does Maya have a text format for animation? I can program 'freeCAD' to
provide the simulated data in the particular format so that Maya will
produce physically realistic animation."

As I am not familiar with the programming for Maya I want to forward the question to the experts of youuser added image

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 2 22-03-2003 , 02:06 AM
Subscriber
Just my - 2 cents but... I think he's asking about BVH's There the text output of motion capture data.. Poser has a inport for them. And I think maya dose also the only problem is you have to tell maya what the channels are, and ware they conect. you also have to remove the Header data in BVH's so it dosn't get confused. Haven't attempted something like that though.

PLEASE corect me if I'm wrong.

# 3 23-03-2003 , 08:54 AM
SM Alumni
Not sure what you mean either here, sorry. Closest guess I can come up with is to save your file out as a .ma which is an ascii file that can be edited in any text processing app. user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.