Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 196 18-06-2003 , 01:30 AM
I really like it so far but maybe you could get rid of some of the lights in the front? I think 10 is a bit too much but its your car so yea.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc

Last edited by Cyborg Corp; 18-06-2003 at 01:33 AM.
# 197 18-06-2003 , 01:33 AM
The Maya Mountain
"It's EXTREEEEEME!" lol user added image

# 198 18-06-2003 , 03:14 AM
Yeah, there only temporary in the middle. I am going to ad a winch to the middle. Does that sound ok? I haven't really gotten around to modeling it yet, but I plan on getting to it tomorrow.... I am still not satisfied with the start of my supports on my wheels.. But I will cross that Barrier when I get to it. user added image Still have some time, but I think working out all of the little details like I am doing now, takes more time than the rough model. Its gets old trying to select all the right edges to harden and stuff. lol. THanks for your support and suggestions, keep em comming! I try to take consideration for all suggestions. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 199 18-06-2003 , 04:19 PM
Wanna see something scary??? Every video cards Nightmare. user added image user added image Just for fun I put the display level of the Sub Surfaces at 3, this is what I get, YIKES! Can't do much about it if I want those nice soft/hard edges, but as long as I keep it at level 1 its not really that bad. THanks,
Brian

BTW at least most of it stayed in quads. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 200 18-06-2003 , 06:15 PM
Holy crap! hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 201 18-06-2003 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
its just solid blue in most of the places...........

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 202 18-06-2003 , 06:51 PM
It sucks that Sub D's creates such high res wires. (depending on how u use it) Grr... Hmm.. After hours of work, converting to subd's, I am now finding out that it ins't going to render... Grrr!!! Why? Because Maya tries use more than a Gb of memory to render... user added image Not sure what I can do to fix that... See, a pc has a 32 bit processor... because of this, no matter how much memory you have, one program can not use more than a Gb of memory at one time, at least on a windows based system Grr.... so, I need to figure out a way to keep a nice quality,but at the same time, drasically decrease the amount of memory I am using trying to render... I know that it is different on mac and you can use more than 1 gb of memory, and I am not sure about linx. But...Amd Just came out with 64 bit processors!!! I would love to get my hands on a set of those... Thats what I am saving up for now. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 203 18-06-2003 , 07:16 PM
Hmm I thought that maya broke the render down into chunks that your ram could handle. I guess not

perhaps you could render it in seperate passes?

________

- Jacob
# 204 18-06-2003 , 07:37 PM
Yeah I guess, but thats alot of work for a WIP Image, Hmmm..

Please check
My (old) website!
# 205 18-06-2003 , 08:08 PM
Well. I guess I am going to have to keep it Polys... user added image Its probably one of my best models when I convert it to Sub D's. Its a shame it won't render correctly... I might try a test without the treds to see if that would work...
Thanks
B

Please check
My (old) website!
# 206 18-06-2003 , 08:15 PM
Grr... when I render with out the wheels and treds, it literally uses half the memory, and the file size is 25 mb smaller... Sigh... Don't know what to do, I like the wheels. but the really limit my options on what I can do with the actual truck!! Any suggestions? Should I just keep the truck Low Poly and keep the wheels? Well, its rendering right now with Sub d's converted to polys (makeing it High Poly) you will have to let me know what you guys think. user added image Thanks Alot,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 207 18-06-2003 , 09:08 PM
Well, here it is... without the wheels anyways... What do you think? Hmm... It will render without the tred and stuff... But not with the tred and stuff.. Grr.. I think I might take out most of the bolts that I have on the Treds to see if that helps! Thanks,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 208 18-06-2003 , 09:16 PM
Noice.

# 209 18-06-2003 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
Very nice!

Be a shame to lose the wheels but perhaps have two smaller less poly heavy ones and one showpiece one driving each track? Be a good way to deal with the mechanism issue too.

# 210 18-06-2003 , 09:45 PM
much better