Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-10-2004 , 01:25 PM

rig unbound from skin problem i think

hey guys,

I'm having a small problem with a model for a uni assignment of mine. I've been given a rig to animate. I created a whole bunch of blendshapes for the facial expressions I'll use.

I've run into bit of a problem. Somehow my characters skin has come apart from its skeleton. I have no idea how to fix it. I've tried detaching it then re-attaching it - that doesnt work.

I'm open to trying any ideas that anyone has. Thanks in advance for any help!

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com
# 2 08-10-2004 , 02:47 PM
Ok well after some fiddling i decided to import my blendshapes into a previously saved version where it doesnt stuff up, re target them and everything works fine! Strange that. Would love to know what could have possibly have gone wrong.

# 3 08-10-2004 , 03:32 PM
Subscriber
Possibly the history was still on but apart from that im not to sure.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 4 08-10-2004 , 07:35 PM
At a guess you had the blendShape node after the skinCluster node in history?

When making blendshapes for a rig, the blendshape node must be before the skinCluster node in history or else it will remove the deformation from the joints, which sounds like the problem you had.

If this was your problem, make sure when you make a blendShape node that the Deformation order (found in the advanced tab) is set to `front of chain`.

Richard

----------------------------------------------
Richard Cheek
https://www.freelance-animation.com
----------------------------------------------
# 5 11-10-2004 , 03:50 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help.

Richard,

I checked what you said and that was the case. Thanks for explaining what could have caused it. I now know what to look out for in the future.

Thanks again,

stacey