Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-10-2004 , 04:57 PM

trying to figure out how to take model to photoshop

I want to texture my model in photoshop but cant figure out how to toggle between maya 5.0 and photoshop is there a toggle method or how do i import my model to photoshop?

reallee doe
# 2 21-10-2004 , 05:11 PM
The Maya Mountain
you don't import the model to photoshop. You only create the texture in PS and then import it into Maya.

# 3 25-10-2004 , 06:31 PM
thanks but how do i match it with my model is do i save it as atiff or something or is there a way to bring up the maya file in photo shop

reallee doe
# 4 25-10-2004 , 06:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
Once you UV map the model, in the UV Texture Editor, position the UV shells in the upper-right quadrant of the editor and take a UV Snapshot. You can then bring that into PHotoshop to paint over.

# 5 30-10-2004 , 02:04 PM
Like Mike says you need to UV map it first, but what Mike forget to tell you is that here on SM in free tutorial section is nice tutorial on basics of texturing witch Mike him self have make and that I suggest you to dload and watch. BTW mike nice work on that last tutorials, and equally nice Kurt’s dog tutorial.

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too