Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 181 05-12-2006 , 12:33 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by Jay
Acid, yeah Im aware of the eyes thanks, they are not finalised...one thing at a time though, eh?

Cheers
Jay

i figured that gut im just sayin...

looks weird and cool at the same timeuser added image

2 crits-

1 i dont think the hair in the side burn area should be quite that fuzzy

2 he doesnt look that mean anymore

Last edited by Acid44; 05-12-2006 at 12:35 AM.
# 182 06-12-2006 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
Hi Jay, I love it user added image

I guess you are not going to be using MR's fast skin for SSS since it requires rendering in MR. But if you were, have you tried rendering in layers? One rendering pass using MR for the skin and whatever else could take advantage of MR shaders, and then another pass using maya software for the hair, and then compositing.

I have played with that but could not achieve good effects, partly because I am a total noob using the "use background" shader. I have not been able to find any tutorials that showed how to do this (render hair with Maya Soft and skin with MR)...

If you figured how to do this and made a tutorial i would pay in advance hehe...

# 183 06-12-2006 , 09:20 PM
Great stuff, Jay.

I agree with arran about the hair though. It's very straight... maybe rough it up just a notch, and add some single hairs pointing out a random angles.

# 184 06-12-2006 , 10:11 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Minstrel

Thanks, yeah render passes are the way to go, it just takes a bit of work to get the image balanced.

DJ: thanks, Im looking at the roughness of it but I really want that greasy look rather than wispy, the settings on paintfx are just ridiculous as a whole, so Im looking at specularity settings coupled with thickness.

But if anyone knows of certain settings to achieve this in PFX then please say, as Im no expert, and Ive yet to come across someone in the know. The only stuff Ive seen is how to create styles with curves, but Ive known that for years since Maya 3

Cheers
Jay