Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-02-2008 , 02:40 PM

Maya 8.5 is all of a sudden not opening my project properly.

I have been working on this project in Maya 8.5 for awhile and everything has been going fine. It just consists of models that are partly textured and nothing else. But recently I opened my project and it only loads in a wire mesh of some of my models, but not the textures or the rest of the models. I looked in my outliner and all of the models are still showing up in there but not in my window. I also looked in the hypershade and none of the textures that I created are appearing in there. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the software and nothing has changed. Does anyone have anything that will help me out? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

# 2 25-02-2008 , 09:18 PM
it sounds like you may have accidently deleted your shaders or moved them to another folder. Try opening a new scene, then the hypershade to make sure it is loading your shaders properly (look for lambert 1).

Then I would have a look through you maya folders to see if you can find your textures. Did you definitely set your project at the start? It may be that you have another project set and your textures are being stored in that project.

# 3 26-02-2008 , 06:08 AM
You know what, I never set my project when I started.... I know I should have, but I didn't. I tried exporting what was showing up in the Outliner and then importing it into a new scene but the same thing comes up again. Lambert1 and all the basics are showing up in the Hypershade.