Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-11-2004 , 12:33 AM
The Maya Mountain

The Incredibles

Wow! Great flick. Pixar hit it on the head once again. :tup:

# 2 07-11-2004 , 12:52 AM
SM Tea Boy
Ya I'm waiting for this one to get to my cinema user added image

Defiantly looking forward to seeing it.

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 07-11-2004 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
Yeah films like this should have a world wide release date. user added image

# 4 07-11-2004 , 06:08 PM
Saw it last night...good flick....theme seemed a bit darker than their others but still awsome stuff.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 07-11-2004 , 07:08 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, a bit darker, probably because of the human characters. It was rated PG rather than G like all the previous Pixar films.

# 6 07-11-2004 , 11:17 PM
Ide say it was good. and hope there is a sequal.

So.. to all who saw it, whos your favourite charactor?

Im going with Dashuser added image

# 7 08-11-2004 , 12:36 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, the two kids were cool. Elastigirl was fun.

I don't doubt there'll be a sequal, but it'll be done by Disney without Pixar's help since Cars is Pixar's final Disney flick and Disney owns the rights.

As such, there's a possibility of suckage. :p

# 8 08-11-2004 , 05:15 AM
I just got back from the cinema and all I can say is "INCREDIBLE" Wow...what a movie.....well pixar have definately outdone themselves yet again.....I would have to say that Elastigirl was definately my favourite character....she was just so well done, and like mtmckinley said, she is definately fun...It must have been fun to animate her...anyways, excellent movie...well done pixar!!! user added image user added image

What did you guys think of the short before the actual film...Boundin? I thought it was also very well done!!! user added image user added image

user added imageuser added image

-------------------------------------------
# 9 08-11-2004 , 07:41 PM
The short was funny, the rabbit though looked odd

# 10 08-11-2004 , 07:43 PM
The Maya Mountain
It wasn't a rabbit, it was a jackalope. user added image Mythical critter, kinda like unicorns

# 11 08-11-2004 , 07:59 PM
I didn't quite see who narrated that....it sounded alot like Jeff Bridges...and the jackelope kinda looked like him.

Regarding The Incredibles, I like the way they used different model styles for many of the characters, most notably Dash's teacher and Mr. Incredible's boss (the guy that looked like a political cartoon...or a satiric view of Stephen King...I think his voice was done by the guy that played Veccini in "Princess Bride." One of my fav things in Pixar films is when they model the typical young teen or kid with braces....the babysitter in this...the bratty kid in Nemo....great stuff. The baby was also a fun character, especially during the shape-shifting at the end. user added image Overall character with depth, though like others have said, was Mom Incredible. I told my wife, we should go out as them next year...she has the same haircut and I have the same blonde hair and physique as Mr Incredible...er sorta....bahahaha.... user added image

The fashion designer rocked!

# 12 08-11-2004 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
I also really liked the movie. Watching it, I couldnt stop seeing starwar references but never could put my finger on it. Anyone had the same feeling? Maybe it was all the corridors in the Bad guy base...

I think my favorite part is when they show all the past heroes who died because they wore cloak.

The renders when M. Incredible is training in the trainward are exceptionnal.

BTW if you havent seen it, DONT STAY FOR THE END OF TEH GENERIC! I did and just wasted my time... No joke, no nothing... Its kinda sad, I thought they would put some joke in it for the die hard fans. I guess they are keeping it for the DVD...

# 13 08-11-2004 , 08:05 PM
You're right but I thought the animation and art style for the ending credits was fantastic...reminds me of the old swing era artwork or old Saul Bass titling. Love that stuff. Bloopers would've been cool though.

# 14 08-11-2004 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber
When I was a the bookstore a few days ago I saw a concept book for the movie. Most of the concept drawing were done with this style. Look on amazon, I am sure you would like it much, if you like that style. It was around 40$can I think so probably 30u$.

# 15 08-11-2004 , 08:30 PM
The Maya Mountain
The short was narrated by the same guy who wrote and directed it, one of the artists at Pixar. Pretty cool. user added image

The biggest references I noticed were of course James Bond-type stuff. user added image