Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 01-08-2008 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by vladimirjp
donate money, that one way to contribute.
donate your time, a lot of yous here are in web development and web design, help that way.
making free tuts can only help so much... this all cost money for the owner. user added image

talking to mmoore....he has mentioned donating and he has srevers which he can get great prices on.....as well....donating even a bit of cash to speed up is never a problem.....

as for R0nSiD ....not sure if I spelled it right because I'm using my cell phone and can't read the post but we are giving dave a break.......we all understand everyone gets busy from here to there and that's why other members ar offering their help.....as a fellow old web designer (i say old cause I haven't did it in a while and kinda forgot everything lol)....if I had to finish something and couldn't, I'd always call my friend and see if he can lend a hand.....even in 3d...im having young lend me a hand in rendering so I can finish up my modeiing for deadlines...so its not like where geting on him or trying to rush....where offering our hand and sggestions

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 32 03-08-2008 , 08:55 PM
Lots of great suggestion all... Hopefully Dave will see and start to add his ideas to whats been said.

K

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 33 05-08-2008 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber
hopefully this is the right thread for this one

there should be a way to embed videos i.e. youtube.com vids directly into the page so that they play on the thread rather than hyperlinking to the host site

i tried to embed the other day and it did not work

i think this would be good so we can post animations ects
also some free tuts can be put on there

dunno if this can be done already, but like i said before i couldn't get it to work

cheers

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 34 05-08-2008 , 12:42 AM
Thats a good Idea, Pete!

I second that one.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 35 05-08-2008 , 05:38 AM
Subscriber
pbman

it can be done but there has to be a mod added. It is actually called utube mod. .not sure if it works on this old of a vbulletin but i know the new version it works good ..

you just haveto watch what people really post ..that is why having it on another site would be good

i think that for each user they can start there own gallery or have a page where thethe user can upload there portfolio online and place there utube video's there ..it doesnt take that much space but have a limit or if you get person to pay some money for space to host there portfolio ..

# 36 08-08-2008 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber
speaking of tutorials, there should be a description/preview of which each part in the tutorial is about

like part1, setting up characters head
part 11, more texturing
part 15, rigging

well... more descriptive than that

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 37 11-11-2008 , 04:03 AM
Jr.Who
So… what ever happened to this? Are we ever going to have mmoore5553 working on the site? user added image

# 38 11-11-2008 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber

Check out New website with maya tutorials . Alot of Free and paid ones.

https://www.cg-hq.com

Last edited by mmoore5553; 21-11-2008 at 04:06 AM.
# 39 22-01-2009 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
awesome

a lot of familiar names already!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D