Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-12-2003 , 06:22 AM

Help with 'Create Shatter' please.

Hi there, I am having a bit of trouble with the 'Create Shatter' tool.

Works fine on nurbs sphere, but not poly sphere or cylinder. Nurbs cylinder also does weird things.

when i try to use it on a poly object, even though the help file says that it works on poly, i get an error message that says 'Error: An error occurred while running the Solid Shatter script. Results may be invalid. If necessary, undo to restore the previous situation.'

Do i need to do something to prepare the polygon surface beforehand, like tesselate it? Cause I would prefer not to have to do that.

thanks for your help.

Bin.

# 2 15-12-2003 , 09:09 PM
I would try runnig a Polygon Cleanup where you set it to tesselate any non-planer faces. Oh, also make sure you delete the history before you shatter.

# 3 16-12-2003 , 06:36 AM
That was the answer I was looking for user added image

Deleting the history! It works fine once I do that.

Thanks Dann!