Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-10-2002 , 09:29 AM

prob making daylight effect....help me

someone help me to creat day light effect in maya.i am trying to do it but result is not satisfactory..user added image

# 2 20-10-2002 , 05:41 PM
SM Alumni
What sort of a problem are you having? How about posting an image here we can look at to help you? user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 3 20-10-2002 , 05:53 PM
actually i think the lighting is giving me the feeling of reality and the carveture of sky is also problematic pls tell me what to do?

# 4 20-10-2002 , 06:39 PM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 20-10-2002 , 08:00 PM
SM Alumni
Quick lighting setup, 3 spotlights.

Overhead, slightly yellow in color with quadratic falloff, set it to 2 for the value, shadows on, penumbra angle about 35 or so, HIGH INTENSITY, that quadratic falloff requires high values, don't be surprised at values in the tens of thousands depending on light placement.

Next, front light (ambient and brightening light user added image). Very light blue for a nice day effect, falloff to 1.5-2 but no quadratic, leave that alone. Shadows on, penumbra angle anywhere from 20-35, intensity just enough to light the object, anywhere from .15 to .75 depending on light placement.

Finally some back lighting. Place a spotlight facing towards the front lighting. Same idea as the front light only try a more yellow color and a higher intensity.

This is rough, it all has to do with where you place the lights as to what values to use, but this is a fairly basic recipe to get you started user added image The only difference with a night scene is I use blue greys for the front and back lights and still a touch of yellow for the overhead. Hope this gets you experimenting user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 6 21-10-2002 , 05:09 AM
Subscriber
The skies lack depth. I'dind another backround pic.

Or you could map a plane with this pic and rotate it so that the sky-thickness isn't filling up the whole screen.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 7 21-10-2002 , 07:24 AM
Yes, DOF + some fog to simulate dust in air adds a touch of reality. It's never perfectly clear outside.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 21-10-2002 , 06:13 PM
thank u all for helping me .it's really helpfull for me.