Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-06-2005 , 05:25 PM

Materials

Just keep in mind that I am a super noob. This is my first picture in maya...ever. Ok my problem is is that I need to create a material of 2 drawn pictures and put them on 2 seperate planes, but I don't know how to do either.( if what I just said was very confusing then check out this link, its the tutorial that I am trying to follow and it will clear things up tutorial ) I've tried fumbling around in maya PLE but can't seem to find out how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

# 2 25-06-2005 , 08:18 PM
Hey there...I highly recommend first looking at Kurt's FREE cartoon dog tutorial that can be found on this site...not only will it tell you exactly how to set up an image plane...but you will also get good practice...that will only help you with further projects...but to basically sum up everything that you have to do...you will create 2 separate planes (nurbs or polygons...doesn't matter)....you will have to rotate each plane so that one faces the side view and the other faces the front view...after having set this up...you then go to the hypershade (found in window..rendering editors...hypershade)...in the hypershade....you create a new material (lambert)....change the name to front or side or whatever you want....make sure you press "ctrl+a" to load the attributes editor...you will then see a color option...instead of changing the color...you will click on the checkered swatch to the right.....select file..and this is where you would import the picture file.......next...you simply drag the lambert you just created onto the planes (or you can also click on the plane...right click...select materials....assign existing material..then select the lambert you created.....again..i recommend taking a look at the free cartoon dog tutorial and highly suggest trying one of the organic modeling tutorials....or the ninja or pilot tutorials..they are really great and get you right into this type of modeling...anywho..let me know if you want me to explain anything more in depth..i wrote it really quick...good luck
TheAnswerRP03

# 3 25-06-2005 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
rtm

instead of waiting for someone to help you with a basic question that has been beaten to death:rant:

# 4 26-06-2005 , 05:41 AM
Subscriber
vladimrjp, you're getting softer... you left out the "f" user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 26-06-2005 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber
nah, just waiting for his second post on the asking the same

exact quetsion. user added image

u've soften up too mike, not helping as much as u used to.
user added image

# 6 26-06-2005 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber
Hey now, we were all newbs at one point.

# 7 27-06-2005 , 02:15 AM
Hey, thanks for the help TheAnswerRP03. And sorry vladimirjp, I suppose I should have searched a little bit more before asking the question, I'll remember that next time. By the way, that Icon rocks alienscience