Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 20-02-2006 , 12:14 AM
yeah, I want to see one on Maya Live

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 17 20-02-2006 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber
kurt ,

just wondering if you all can change what you all are using to do the tutorials. i have got some of them already and just quality if you have seen my post ...are fuzzy ... and for old eyes like mine sometimes hard to follow ..here is the post ...wondering if that can be fixed ...

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20209

but i love the work just hard to follow cause of fuzzy and hard to see and you can see by compeditors that they are clearer ..wondering if SM can do that ?

but i love your tuts and other tuts by others

# 18 20-02-2006 , 01:38 AM
You would have to talk to David or tubby about that more i only record the tuts adn send over to them for encoding...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 19 20-02-2006 , 08:51 AM
Subscriber
i accede with pixelsoul, a DVD of lighting/texturing would be awesome. i was never really good with lights. this would be good for both novice and intermediate users.

hope lighting/texturing will become the majority opinion. :p

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 20 20-02-2006 , 03:12 PM
what i would also like.. as you are redoing face modelling animation.. is to add some hair perferably also animated.. would like to learn that user added image

# 21 20-02-2006 , 09:16 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well although I have a dvd on Mental Ray already, I think its something thats dearly needed on this site, as a lot of newbs are using it incorrectly, even more experienced guys are, so something in this area to break the MR mythos and perhaps lighting and rendering in general from basics to advanced.

Perhaps more to do with shader networks and some of the utility nodes, along with the basics of shading materials, as I see alot of newbs again asking about how to create a bump map.

Also something to do with Camera mapping techniques for 'Matte Painting' would be cool (calling Pure Morning) as its something Im trying to get into more and is a time saver in Production.

And perhaps something on hair and fur alone, without modelling included just to concentrate on that alone would be sufficient.

And finally a biiiiiig wish...how about the new kid himself...ZBrush, and using it with the Maya workflow in general

Cheers
Jay

# 22 20-02-2006 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
everything jay just said would be awesome. user added image

# 23 20-02-2006 , 09:37 PM
Subscriber
okay kurt thanks for the reply i msg both of them and stated my case and even offered to help pay ..as i dont mind doing it at all cause it will benefit everyone ... so who knows ... i have my figured crossed

# 24 21-02-2006 , 09:10 AM
I'm too busy at the moment to be doing tutes.. sorry guys work is pretty hectic ATM. once we're out of this project though I will try to allocate some time to getting some done. camer mapping etc.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 25 21-02-2006 , 01:56 PM
yeah a maya - zbrush - maya workflow with retoplogizing.. creating normal maps, displamecent maps and such would be cool... i know Digital Tutors has released a similiar dvd though... so some mental ray dvd would definitly be prefered by me user added image

Also use of cool sahders like misss fast skin shader.. and such i just can't get them toe create realistic and with the light pouring through it... so that would all be very welcome :bow:

# 26 22-02-2006 , 01:19 PM
Subscriber
normal maps. i still dont know how to make them. it would be cool to have some tuts of them. wonder how many points kurts model will cost?

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!

Last edited by 13th_resident; 22-02-2006 at 05:20 PM.
# 27 24-02-2006 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
and once more thing. i vote for rendering and lighting. cause i just cant seem to get it under my grip. shaders, zbrush, mental ray i still have to learn those also.

# 28 25-02-2006 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
We're basically giving him a second job. haha

# 29 27-02-2006 , 12:54 AM
Subscriber
yep..thats right kurt.....have 2 jobs to make twice as much tutorials than you did last year.. that way everyone on earth, can admire you 110 percent more than they did when you first started .........lol.