Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-08-2006 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber

Ferrari ReMastered WIP

Well here is my progress on my 2nd model. I am learning enough to be dangerous now. I am spending way too long on this and picking it to death. But I am making progress.

If you see anything, please let me know.

I still need to do the headlights again, not happy with the way they are turning out. But I will move on and come back to that.

I am almost tempted to not put the door handle in as it sure seems the air flow would be much more efficent for the intake on the rear fender. But suppose I can take those freedoms as long as it looks like the car, huh? :-)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-08-2006 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber
Looking good buddy. I haven't seen this tut. Does it lead you from polys to subd or do you just use mesh smooth?

# 3 26-08-2006 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber
Start with Poly and now, as you see, we are Sub-d. Only the second time I have worked with sub-d. It can be cantankerous and makes you follows certain RULES,but I like it so far.

Thanks for liking it. It is a very good tutorial and when you watch Kurts BMW Tutorial and this, you learn alot neat stuff!!!

# 4 26-08-2006 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
I'm by no means an expert but I've steered away from subd. It doesn't seem to give you the same level of control as a well placed edge loop + mesh smooth.

My latest project (the 66 Vette) is using this technique. I also started out by modelling the whole shell and then splitting panels off. This too has it's own set of challenges but I'm liking it much better.

# 5 26-08-2006 , 11:02 AM
Subscriber
I am a complete newbie when it comes to modeling. As I say this is only my second model. I started the haunted House but Fallot got me started on bevel and sub-d. I agree that sub-d, at least with cars, sure get cumbersome for Maya and slow to the point of frustration. Tell me where I can learn more of this mesh smooth. I fiddle with 3D Max when it first came out a was still on floppies, I was learning Cloth Reyes, only way to do cloth then. It went between a mesh smooth and regular poly. Seemed a better way.

Thanks for your input!!

# 6 26-08-2006 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber

# 7 26-08-2006 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber
Also, would be interested in seeing your Vette. I am thinking of trying the Koenigsegg CCR 2 as my first model doing just on my own. I really do like car modeling.

# 8 26-08-2006 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber

# 9 26-08-2006 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
Well, I did see it and I do like it. I like the order you keep with your wireframe and the flow. Nice eye!!

I will check on the Mesh smooth as I have been to th site before. I will finish this and maybe I will use mesh smooth on my next car.

# 10 26-08-2006 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber
This was my first car. I got carried away with the decals and the like. I was just having fun.

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 26-08-2006 , 11:24 AM
Subscriber

# 12 26-08-2006 , 11:26 AM
Subscriber
As I said - No school like old school! user added image